SCAA Members can access relevant industrial awards and receive timely updates as the Awards are amended.
INTRODUCTION TO SHEARING AND WOOL HANDLING
WHEN: 1-12 August 2022
WHERE: Tirlta Station - Broken Hill
This 10-day course will allow you to develop the skills and knowledge to be able to:
• prepare handpieces and down tubes for machine shearing
• grind combs and cutters
• undertake basic shearing and crutching
• apply animal welfare principles to the handling of sheep
• recognise and report hazards in the workplace
• pen sheep, handle wool from the board, throw fleeces and skirt
• in the second week students with more advanced skills may be able to commence
Please see flyer for details on how to register.
News & Views
Workplace Health and Safety July 4, 2022
Updated 2022 workcover rates for Shearing Services (Shearing Contractors) have been emailed to all members. If you have any questions about pricing workers compensation and the additional amounts payable when you have a claim, please contact us.